LETRS® provides educators with a core understanding of language structure and helps them gain in-depth instructional information to complement their teaching practice. This research-based professional development program uses books/eBooks and online or in-person training to deepen educators' knowledge of reading instruction. Content addresses each component in-depth—phoneme awareness; phonics, decoding, spelling, and word study; oral language development; vocabulary; reading fluency; comprehension; and writing—filling in gaps educators might have had in their undergraduate or graduate studies.
The LETRS course of study:
- Builds a bridge between research and practice
- Cultivates knowledge about teaching literacy and language
- Develops teachers' ability to diagnose and overcome students' reading challenges
- Provides practical strategies that work for every type of learner
- Increases effectiveness of core reading and supplementary instruction
- Engages teachers with real-world applications and thought-provoking questions