The content in LETRS thoroughly addresses each component—phoneme awareness; phonics, decoding, spelling, and word study; oral language development; vocabulary; reading fluency; comprehension; and writing—filling in gaps educators might have had in their undergraduate or graduate studies.
During their course of study, educators:
- Build a bridge between research and practice
- Cultivate knowledge about teaching literacy and language
- Develop teachers' ability to diagnose and overcome students' reading challenges
- Learn practical strategies that work for every type of learner
- Increase effectiveness of core reading and supplementary instruction
- Engage with real-world applications and thought-provoking questions